Show off your roosters

This is my naked neck roo "STP" he's a dominate NN wich means he has no feathers on his neck, under his wings and between his legs. He's 18 weeks old
He's so pretty!! Ever since I got chickens I've wanted a NN. They are so unique looking.

I'm gonna stop posting pics of my Roos... I got the worst luck
sad.png
everytime I post them on BYC within a day their either injured or dead! STP now has a serious gash to the back of his neck it's all the way down to the meat... Don't know how he got it but he won't let anything stay on to cover it!! Grrrr
Hope he lets you take care of him. I too would be upset if something happened to Colonel. He is so nice to us and his ladies.

This guy is the front runner to be the roo for our 11 ladies. He's 5 weeks old, and tried a crow today! He's hatchery stock, so I know not show quality, but I think still handsome.

Him and one other look like proper roosters already. The rest still look like teenagers. But this guy (I've taken to calling him Rupert) seems to just have that "look". Of course hormones haven't done their thing yet, so I'm hoping he's a nice rooster and not a jerk. Jerks have no place in our farm yard.

Omg!! I'm so sorry. I too adore my boys and would be heartbroken. When my hen had an infected ear I used raw honey, oregano oil, and garlic and made a poultice. I would just rub it on. It should keep infection away and help it heal quickly. I just look at the pics now cause no one ever comments on my pics lol

Lol well I will if I ever see them! But thanks I've been putting peroxide on it every morning and wrapping it in medical gauze he just always seems to be able to pull it up or off... Plus the other boys won't leave it alone!! Guess they think the head roo is injured lets take advantage of it!!! I'm trying to get him through till Friday like this then ill have the money to get the stuff to sew him up... The gash is more like a L shape and every time he moves his neck he's opening it back up...I've sewn my boys back up from gashes plenty of times so I guess I can sew a chicken...

This guy is the front runner to be the roo for our 11 ladies. He's 5 weeks old, and tried a crow today! He's hatchery stock, so I know not show quality, but I think still handsome.

He is so handsome...reminds me of my Smarty Pants Rooster...aren't they cute when they are learning to crow? I loved it..

Back
Top Bottom