Show off your roosters

Here are the side shots that we promised of Roo. We had to adjust his collar, so we took this time to let him enjoy some warm air in the house while doing that. You can see our Toy Fox Terrier (Kelsie) in the first pic. She was very interested at why he was in the house lol. If the chicks free range, our dogs are able to coexist with them. We've never had an issue except when Harriet and Brooke were chicks and Kelsie had images of killing squirrels fresh in her mind lol.

Here's Skip our flock Patriarch. He's a gentle, wonderful father.

These aren't the best pictures of my flock, but I wanted to post some pics that show just how big my Blue Langsgan cockerel, Razzle, is at 7 months. In one pic, he's behind Roxy, my Blue Langshan hen, same age. It's easy to see he's much larger than she is, and she much much larger than my other hens.
In the others, he's beside my Rhode Island Red hens, also same age. My hens are normal size large fowl birds. They're not small or scrawny for their breed. They're nice, plump little girls! But Razzle is just enormous beside them. I know Langshans are supposed to be bigger and taller, but this is my first flock. I also know He's also not a great example of his breed. I got them all from TSC.
But Razzle is sweet and docile. He services all the hens with gentleness and even though he's so huge, they don't seem to mind at all his attentions.
And, guess what he did today???

HE CROWED!! There should be a First Crow thread like the First Egg thread lol. Or am I the only cockerel mama who was so proud of their boy?? I don't know why I'm so proud? I didn't have to buy him lessons or anything. Lol.

I know the feeling, congrats. Only when my current boy Shadow first crowed I was gone, however all my other boys waited for me to start crowing, even little Poka who can say his name

I'm not sure if I've shown off the other boys, so here's one I know I've not shown the forum at all. Goes by the name Fate, and is uh well, he's a mutt for sure, haha!
Ok so i have to ask now...lol. I know you bred him with three breeds, and the should be about....4th generation? Did you ever get any females? Id love to see how the look! I did this test with my rooster milkshake....i first hatched milkshake and he was my only egg of his kind i set. I set 5 more of his breed 5 months later and i ended up with one black rooster like milkshake, 3 WHITE ROOSTERS and ONE black hen! The hen looks alot like milkshake! I wish i got more hens....love malts personality. I sold their parents this summer, so no more experiencing. LOL

Back
Top Bottom