Show off your roosters

Quite right. Gamefowl are my favorite (group of) breeds

I love American and Old English games as well, they're all derived from oriental birds anyhow! If I had the money I'd own hundreds of acres with endless breeds of game fowl from Ancient to todays. And I have this book I recommend you buy it costed me $60 on amazon, about 600 pages of the history between fowl and their reptilian ancestors to deep scientific statistics and genetics of the fowl.

It's a lot to read in a sitting, it's more for slowly learning and studying if you want to get deep into breeding and making your own new breed, the best part is going through years of selective breeding and seeing changes each year in your blood. I came out just yesterday and saw my white cross wiggle the line off the pole fighting my American that weighs 2lbs over him haha no harm done between the two except the battle for the yard.

Always keeping these cocky birds apart. Even Asil hens would try whooping one.

I love American and Old English games as well, they're all derived from oriental birds anyhow! If I had the money I'd own hundreds of acres with endless breeds of game fowl from Ancient to todays. And I have this book I recommend you buy it costed me $60 on amazon, about 600 pages of the history between fowl and their reptilian ancestors to deep scientific statistics and genetics of the fowl.

It's a lot to read in a sitting, it's more for slowly learning and studying if you want to get deep into breeding and making your own new breed, the best part is going through years of selective breeding and seeing changes each year in your blood. I came out just yesterday and saw my white cross wiggle the line off the pole fighting my American that weighs 2lbs over him haha no harm done between the two except the battle for the yard.

Always keeping these cocky birds apart. Even Asil hens would try whooping one.

I actually got that book this past Christmas! My family sure does know me well, hah. I've been slowly working my way through it - I'm somewhere near page 50, I think.

Those games are incorigable. My gamecock Clay just cut his feet up the third time this month, fighting with my other cocks through the fence. I fixed the barrier once again, this time it should stay - I used a lot of zip ties to hold it in place! I'm excited and a little scared about how gamey the offspring will be, since their parents are incredibly game - both him and the hen would probably kill another bird if I put it in the pen with them. So far I have 5/6 pullet offspring though, so at least I don't have to deal with that quite yet. I can't do tie outs due to predators so I'm thinking about just Caponizing all the stags and keeping them as yard art. Hopefully that will reduce their gameness to a manageable level! I'd love to keep them intact but I am not equipped to deal with as many cockerels as I expect to hatch.

ANOTHER pair of my roos, both are such sweet boys ,a Silver laced wyandott the darker one & a Colombian wyandott both 6 months old all of my roos live separately, to control breeding for each breed group we have. .

Last edited:

My most prized possession, well both haha but this Rooster is more then just a Bullstag. I honestly think it feels how I am, I've had shitty days we'll on them days I'd realize he wouldn't be do so well but on my better days he's so uppity and gamey he talks to me.

This is Mayhem, we thought he was a hen so we named "her" Mabel, then he started crowing like crazy when I got home from vacation so that's when I named him Mayhem. I believe he is a mix of Cochin and birchen.

This is Fergie, he loves his girls. He is a buff polish. :D

Back
Top Bottom