Show off your small or cheap made coop

This is our chicken barn. It actually deteriorated after 10 yrs so we moved it and rebuilt it last yr. We got 80% of the wood off craigslist for free from a guy that refurbished trailers.We got the paint from craigslist from a repo house cleaner. We did spend about $100 on the rest of the supplies.We have 5 silkies,frizzles and cochins.We have a pair of ringneck doves as well.

thanks for the good words, i'll post more when it's finished off with shingles and exterior walls.
have to insulate it in my climate.
total cost was under $200, it's made of mostly scraps i found around my basement.
i bought the 4x4 floor plywood and the 2x3's.

i like the "turned over table" and the "wire & totes" coops, the ingenuity? is something to be applauded.
the shelving coop made me laugh(read the "making of"), i actually did try to make everything square, level and plumb... lol, like the chickens care.
and the colorful one is, colorful :) i like how they took the time to paint the hinges.
mine is just scrap paint, lucked out and found some exterior latex.

Last edited:
I love my color....I couldn't imagine having a coop without it! Wait until you see my sign
jumpy.gif
I had a blast painting that!!!!

This is great I love the colors!! My DH didn't want a bright colored coop in the yard but I think I could get away with something like this. Great Job! Mine is even built like this other than my nest boxes being on the outside. I will post pics when I finish. We moved an I'm getting one of the older coops we built delivered today.
thumbsup.gif

Since these pics were taken, we built the run, painted it the same brown as the coop and the run door is painted pink with blue trim, and green hardware like the other doors. And we built a ramp which is brown, and the steps on the ramp are alternating between green, pink, and blue
celebrate.gif

Here are my three, cheap and boring looking coops. My ex built the two sided coops and I made the middle coop. First time ever using construction tools...it was raining really hard for a couple of days, so as extra security I put the plastic on the roof.

Inside the main coop...

The middle coop...

We figured, why start from scratch when we have the frame work for a perfectly good run sitting right under our porch?

The run is 100 square feet, mostly sheltered from the weather, covered, and makes use of an area that's always dust bowl dry.

While we built the run, we bought the coop ("Victoria") from "The Green Chicken Coop" and then added the vent holes, interior perches and feeder. It's 12 square feet.

Interior: Nothing but butts!

I need to get more interior pictures. That's, literally, all I've got.
lol.png

Paid $50 for this off eBay. Modifying it was easy... just a matter of some hardware cloth, 1"x2"s and some hinges and a latch. We fashioned the platform out of 4"x4"s & plywood. My nesting boxes are actually an old set of cube shelving I had left over from when I was single that we didn't use anymore. My waterer is chicken nipples & a 2 gallon bucket I got at lowes.

Back
Top Bottom