Show Quality Booted Bantams *Update: Lots of Pics pg. 3*

Quote:
Hey, Jane. Just came across this thread. I just love D'uccles. Enjoying the pics from everyone very much. Question...Are you breeding your blues? I tried to order eggs from someone on eggbid awhile back, but I never got them in. I'd love to get my hand on some eggs or chicks. Here are a couple of pics of my D'uccles. I don't know much about show quality, I just like to look at them.
smile.png

Paula

OrpsJuliaZoeGoats1208062.jpg

Chickensnov08006.jpg

I lost my hen...so need a girlfriend for my boy or may breed him to my black pullet.....I LOVE the dark color of your Millie roo....to die for..are all your Millies dark colored like this?? Would you sell a pair??? Where did you get them????? Beautiful!! Jane

Quote:
Hey, Jane. Just came across this thread. I just love D'uccles. Enjoying the pics from everyone very much. Question...Are you breeding your blues? I tried to order eggs from someone on eggbid awhile back, but I never got them in. I'd love to get my hand on some eggs or chicks. Here are a couple of pics of my D'uccles. I don't know much about show quality, I just like to look at them.
smile.png

Paula

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr357/PMSimar/OrpsJuliaZoeGoats1208062.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr357/PMSimar/Chickensnov08006.jpg

OMG your dark roo is Beautiful!!!

D'Uccles are a favorite breed of mine!
big_smile.png
I only have a pair of d'Uccles right now. The ones I have are Millie Fluer, but I used to raise Porcelain, and very high up on my 'want list' are Black Mottled.

Here is my rooster (he cannot be shown because he has sidesprigs - a disqualifying comb type)

MFDCock3.jpg

Here is my hen (she has done fairly well in shows)

MFDHen1.jpg

Here is the gorgeous little pullet I had up until an accident just recently
sad.png
(in her short life of shows, she won two Class Champions along with other placings)

100_2117.jpg

Last edited:
billygoatgruff, thank you
smile.png

Quote:
I was once told by a d'Uccle breeder to save the hens from a hatch, that were decent on other aspects, and compare the whiteness after their second molt, then keep the darkest ones.

Here's a booted bantam I painted for a bycer. I used your avatar, Billgoatgruff as my model
big_smile.png

100_3481.jpg

Graceful bantams, you have some gorgeous birds. Sorry to hear about your winning pullet. It seams accidents always happen to our favorites
sad.png

BYW, I've been eyeing up your hamburgs for some time now
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom