show quality cochins?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chickalator, Dec 20, 2008.

1. chickalator

chickalator Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Senoia Georgia
    does anybody know where to tget show quality cochins?

2. chickNjake

chickNjake Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    east tn
    are you looking for standard or bantam?

If standard, then I am EXTREMELY jealous! [​IMG] [​IMG]

a few minutes from you are Jerry & Beth Smith. They own star Cochins. I don't know if they have an account on here or not.
    They're very nice people and we were planning on driving 4 hours to get there! but then some of our birds got sick and we held off from getting more birds [​IMG]

-Jake [​IMG]

3. chickalator

chickalator Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Senoia Georgia
    i was thinkin standard. were tryin to breed some hatchery birds to show standard and theyve caught first in some local shows. do u know what breeds he has?

4. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Bo Garret has some dandies, as does Fred McGeHee.

Bo Garrett:
    http://garrettnest.com

Fred McGeHee: Sorry..don't have a link for him! lol! I know his brother fairly well from showing but don't know how to get ahold of him.

Terry Britt could get you into contact with Fred.

Carl Albert - Mid-Del Terry Britt [email protected]12.ok.us

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    We have show quality and show winning black cochins but none for sale. We do, however, sell hatching eggs. Please see our website...thanks.

6. chickNjake

chickNjake Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2008
    east tn
    I think Jerry and Beth only have Cochins, but I'm not sure.
    They breed blue, black and splash Cochins you could get some splash from them and breed them to a black to get blue, a lot of shows don't accept splash but I like em! [​IMG] [​IMG]

edited to add I just realized I left out the link! http://www.starcochins.com/index.html

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  7. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I think there should be a movement by the members of the APA to have splash accepted. The general rule of thumb is that any variety that breeds true (let's face it...blue don't follow that) will be accepted as a variety. But...I suppose each judge would have their own specifics on how much splash was acceptable, how much...etc.

8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Tom Roebuck has amazing birds. I got a trio of bantam cochins from him and they were amazing, got compliments on them every show we went to and got a best in show with the black cock. He also has standards.

9. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:I agree, Tom's birds are fantastic!

10. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    Get a copy of the Poultry Press and see who is winning. I think everybody should get the PP.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by