show quality speckled sussex ??

Hi! 
I got my Sussex who just took home Best of Class and Best of Utility from.... a hatchery! Shocking, I know! MyPetChicken has really nice birds from great breeders, and they're show winners! Of course, good feed and frequent foraging go a long way, but MPC Sussex were great to start with!

Big congrats!

Would love to see some pics of your birds!

All the best,

Leela

Hi!
I got my Sussex who just took home Best of Class and Best of Utility from.... a hatchery! Shocking, I know! MyPetChicken has really nice birds from great breeders, and they're show winners! Of course, good feed and frequent foraging go a long way, but MPC Sussex were great to start with!

What "show" are we discussing. In the interest of "truth in advertisement." MyPetChicken does not sell really nice birds from great breeders. Some things are relative to place. This sounds like such an occasion to me. The term "Best of Utility" is not a term used by the APA or the ABA, and it's not a standard-bred category.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but the entire purpose of this section of backyard chickens is to clarify these points for those who would like to take their chicken breeding to the next level. This sounds like a fun step to springboard forward into more rigorous competition.

Anyone going to the Ohio Nationals in November? Im planning to go...not to exhibit, just to drool! :p

I wanted to show off some of this years hatch :) unfortunately my health has not been the best so I will not be showing this year--but I'm still enjoying them!

She was the only Sussex, but she competed against twenty three other utility birds. The show was actually my county fair, but it was run like a real APA show :)

@GreenRiverHen

You have stunning birds! Shows are always interesting, but in my opinion, the best part of the hobby is enjoying the flock(s) at home.
I hope your health only improves and you can do whatever you love doing.

ALL SOLD!
I have several very nice Speckled Sussex cockerels hatched 5/16 available for sale. These birds are not hatchery stock. These are bred from show lines but they are not show quality, they are culls from my breeding program. They would be great for a backyard hobbyist or flock protection. They have excellent temperaments and were raised on organic feed, fresh air and pasture. All are very fit and healthy, just don't meet my high breeding standards.
Located in New Hampshire USA
Will not ship.
NPIP AI and Pullorum clean. #12-236 NPIP USDA/VS Form 9-3 with all sales.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom