Show Question For my beautiful Splash Cochin

CoopedChik

Chirping
8 Years
May 24, 2011
Louisville Kentucky
I have a "gorgeous" Cochin standard hen.
D.gif
I was wanting to take her to show this wkend. She is all bathed and prettied up and my bf put her out for awhile where she found a dust pile and she rolled in it!!!!!!!!!!!!
hit.gif
So I scrubbed her again but some of the white is stained any ideas to whiten her up quickly? also any types to give her an extra shine she's been eating some feed thats suppose to do and it turned my Orpington roo into a golden idle but hasn't done much for her other than fluffier fluffyness I'v tried feeding her raw eggs and olive oil I heard sunflower seeds work. But wht type; can I use shelled non salted processed ones?

you can try a whitening shampoo for dogs or horses. just be very careful not to turn your bird blue. splash birds don't get very shinny. adding to her feed now won't make any difference, it takes a while for the oils to move through the body to get to the feathers. good luck and have fun at the show

Thanx so much I didn't know if dog whitening would work because the people at the feed store said it wasn't safe but then again they didn't believe me that Cochin's could be standards
hmm.png
they aren't the brightest birds in the coop. Any way I kinda figured her feathers wouldn't shine that much I was just hoping to add a little extra something to her pretty pattering I wasn't planning to enter her so last minute actually so I'm totally not prepared. Thank you agian

Back
Top Bottom