Show us your Christmas-ized coop!

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 :

Where did you get the solar lights??? Verr nice everyone. Are your bunnies pets or livestock? Can bunnies be kept with chickens?

I have kept the chickens and rabbits together (had a coop-tastrophe and didn't have any viable alternatives) but, for several reasons, it's not a good idea. I don't know that there's any risk to the chickens, but there are real risks to the rabbits... injury and illness being the major ones. A few of my chickens seemed to have fun terrorizing the rabbits - only one minor injury, but that was just from the chickens having fun and not a "real" attack. Feeding was a logistical nightmare! The chickens had to be fed up high where the rabbits couldn't get to it and the rabbits had to be fed after dark when the chickens were sleeping. Also, needed to have the rabbits' dish out in advance so the dish with food could be quietly set down by dim flashlight, so the birds wouldn't wake up and steal the rabbit food. Whether for pets or livestock, housing rabbits separately from chickens is the way to go.​

Last edited:
I love the coops with lights!
I added some poinsettias to the little flower box and added a wreath to the bantam coop...
37862_december_11_coop_001.jpg

The big girl coop with wreath and santa shovel...need to get a Christmas flag...
37862_december_11_coop_004.jpg

37862_december_11_coop_007.jpg

Now we just need some snow to make it look Christmasy
smile.png

<3 N.C Chicken Chick <3 :

Where did you get the solar lights??? Verr nice everyone. Are your bunnies pets or livestock? Can bunnies be kept with chickens?

My bunnies are pets
bun.gif

As are our four hens
D.gif

Thanks for looking
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom