Show us your Christmas-ized coop!

Sweetened

Songster
9 Years
Sep 14, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
Was reading another thread about putting Christmas lights up on your coop. Someone suggested making a thread for this, so I did! Too much peer pressure...

Post your pictures of your Christmas-ized coops/barns/runs, with lights and other celebratory holiday season get ups! I'm excited to see so I can have ideas for next year.

I made this small christmas wreath for my coop, with a metal coat hanger and some evergreen branches( from a fallen tree)
smile.png

I am going to install my new solar christmas lights today on the coop and add the picture when it's done! It's snowing here....so beautiful!

111930_p1080059.jpg

Felony - I love it!

I'll be posting mine, but haven't finished the coop yet - still need to put on the roof and paint and we're running out of time and nice weather. Hopefully, we'll finish next week and I'll put mine up (so no, you're not crazy, lol!) It's rained all day long today...

I'm going with the multi-colored lights too - they look so Christmasy!
wink.png

hehe thanks....I don't work so much these days so have lots of time to do these kind of things...

Moogie, good luck with the weather, I hope you'll be done soon!! I'm still working on mine...and I started in june!
roll.png
improvements here and there, my husband, HE thinks i'm crazy
lol.png

Quote:
we live ''off the grid'' and when we bought the house the guy left them to us...I looked at the hardware store and they are quite pricey, so I didnt buy any for the house...but they work ok! the lights are not as bright as the electric ones, especially if it's overcast, but I think it's fine, you still get the christmas effect!

Target has solar lights for $19.99, I think the strand is 19ft- but I could be remembering incorrectly, might be 16ft. A bit pricey but they had a three year warranty, and it's pretty cool to have solar lights for the coop!

The pics are not great, but you get the idea
smile.png

108619_002.jpg

Chicken run & coop

108619_005.jpg

Bunny run & shed

Our neighbors probably do think we are nuts, but too bad
bun.gif

Back
Top Bottom