Dream Coops - What's yours?

A huge coop, thats like a barn remodeled for the chickens! And i never would have to worry about there not being enough room for chicken math

I'm happy with my existing coop design. I put a lot of thought into how to fulfill my needs as well as the hens' needs. I do need to paint it all this year, and I'm excited to put in the surrounding gardens. I WOULD prefer a much bigger run - but I'm planning a chicken tractor as a compromise to free ranging. It would also be nice to put on a permanant roof.
1705005048799.png

Honestly, I'd be thrilled with a small shed I can walk into with roosts on one side, nesting boxes on the other and a little space up front for feed bins and brooms. Of course, it would be open to a large enclosed pen with feeders and water outside, although it would still have a gate to the fenced yard where they free-range in summer. That's the third photo.

But my husband won't build that (and a small shed would cost 1/5 of our annual income!) and he just wants to build a larger elevated coop to meet our growing flock's needs. Funny thing is, both coops would be about the same square footage. Go figure....But the smaller coops he's built for me so far are impossible to get into. He figures as long as THEY can get in and out, there's no need. (Sick chicken? Cleaning?) Also because we'd have an enclosed pen, I wouldn't keep feeders or water inside the coop. At least the one I've decided on has a large door and I could get inside. And because he's building it just behind the house, I could get power to it for a heated water bowl or immersion heater. This last week, I've been running out to replace frozen water every two hours.

These are photos from the web. The last photo is the REAL dream coop. Oh my gosh, I'd love something like a fairy tale coop. I'm not much on landscaping, but I love the shape of the building, itself.

Attachments

• smallercoop1.jpeg
    smallercoop1.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 6
  • smallcoop3.jpeg
    smallcoop3.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 6
  • shedcoop1.jpeg
    shedcoop1.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 7
  • dream coop.jpg
    dream coop.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 6
Hello everyone! I'm starting this new series called Dream Things! It's a series of threads all asking about something that if you could have, you would.
So, for this Dream, what coop would you have if you could? Any coop at all! Please post a picture to go with it.

I'm excited to see what you guys come up with!
I like large area for them during the day. We have large run outside that is 10.sq ft per chicken
We also have also 4 - 4" pvc piles for food. And we have a. Automated wafer system good luck .

I would love a shed and run that was painted and decorated based on the Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Garden. A fake waterfall, large imitation rocks, and either fake trees or real live dwarf trees.
Also I would want it to be well ventilated and have lots of nesting boxes and perching options.
That would be fun one day.

Back
Top Bottom