Show us your special needs chickens...:)

When i was 12 yrs old i went to a guy down the road' from us to visit he had a game stag that had lost his site sparing on the yard with the old cock he was going to kill him..
I begd him to giv the bird to me ..He said son he is no good he can not see to eat or drink .. I told him so wat is it going to hurt for me to take him home an keep him as a pet.
So he gave him to me . My granny told me to put bacon grease on his head an rub it in to help him hel up.. I stuck his head down in the water bowl an in the feed he would eat an drink good.. An wen he would hear me talking he would flap his wing's an crow..As time went by a guy give me a hen an i put her with him he got the job done, An she hatch out 3 time's that yr.I was so proud of my Grey bird if you walkd by his pen you would not think he was blind he would tho down his wing talk an scratch the grownd//
atsy thank you for bringing old memory's !!!

Quote:
i didn't know a coon would come out in daylight! what a special boy! i just love hearing these stories, that other people are as addicted to them normal or special!

We think the coon was old and having trouble getting food, so it was after any easy prey no matter what time.

This is cashew. In the pic it had been a week since she got crookneck. She almost died:( But she's now almost a 1 year old. She has a messed up voice and can't squak like the other birds. And she can't aim her beck to peck at bugs. She's my special little bantam d'uccle hen.
113520_my_pics_165.jpg

Back
Top Bottom