Show your Amerauacana~Araucana, EE's, or mutts with either in them...

Quote:
LOL...I'm a she, and yes, I ship hatching eggs all over the country. I'm not starting my waiting list yet though. Not until January at the very earliest.
wink.png

Oh oh, a she, and said he... begging for forgiveness!
bow.gif
lol...with all the different and unique names on here, sometimes we just can't tell..sorry...
smile.png

wink.png

Quote:
aww, I want Raggedy Jack, he's sweet with the lady's, he lets them pick on him. Or, are they just giving him little love pecks?
big_smile.png

Bit of both right now, he's a little younger than most of the girls and the hormones haven't fully kicked in just yet. But he is sweet, he bawk bawks when he finds them treats, but then I have a few who chase him away to make sure they get them...

Quote:
aww, I want Raggedy Jack, he's sweet with the lady's, he lets them pick on him. Or, are they just giving him little love pecks?
big_smile.png

Bit of both right now, he's a little younger than most of the girls and the hormones haven't fully kicked in just yet. But he is sweet, he bawk bawks when he finds them treats, but then I have a few who chase him away to make sure they get them...

Now wait, I'm behind the times when it comes to roosters, he actually finds food for them? That is so interesting! I know they protect them, and will even lead them to a safe spot, but I would have thought the rooster would, well, just eat what he found.
I learn something knew on here very often, and I've been here a while. Especially when you go to the folks that know the genetics of the pure breds. I guess I'm just getting too old for getting into that part now, wish I had when I was younger, it would be so much fun to breed some pure Ameraucanas, and some other favorite breeds I like.
Well, I'll bet your Raggedy Jack will get the hang of things as he gets older, like I said, he sure is pretty, ahem..handsome.
smile.png

Does anyone have some pretty pictures of their blue eggs? Or green? Or blue/greeen. lol.. It's fun to see a bunch in a nest box. Or in an egg carton..or, in a bowl, or in a basket..or...
tongue.png

15879_eggs.jpg

The blue eggs in the lower left are from my bantam Ameraucanas. The greener eggs up on top were from some EEs I used to have (I think this pic is about 2 years old).
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:

Now wait, I'm behind the times when it comes to roosters, he actually finds food for them? That is so interesting! I know they protect them, and will even lead them to a safe spot, but I would have thought the rooster would, well, just eat what he found.
I learn something knew on here very often, and I've been here a while. Especially when you go to the folks that know the genetics of the pure breds. I guess I'm just getting too old for getting into that part now, wish I had when I was younger, it would be so much fun to breed some pure Ameraucanas, and some other favorite breeds I like.
Well, I'll bet your Raggedy Jack will get the hang of things as he gets older, like I said, he sure is pretty, ahem..handsome.
smile.png

Does anyone have some pretty pictures of their blue eggs? Or green? Or blue/greeen. lol.. It's fun to see a bunch in a nest box. Or in an egg carton..or, in a bowl, or in a basket..or...
tongue.png

It depends on who's around. If they are out free ranging and it's just a few of the girls around, especially my youngest pullet who is a hatchmate, then he'll actually call them over and step back. If all the hens are around, like at treat time, it's every chicken for themselves.

Quote:
Oh man, you keep it up Clover, just keep it up....remember, list..list time! Let me know. Those are so pretty!

Quote:
smile.png

tongue.png

It depends on who's around. If they are out free ranging and it's just a few of the girls around, especially my youngest pullet who is a hatchmate, then he'll actually call them over and step back. If all the hens are around, like at treat time, it's every chicken for themselves.

I love it.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Oh man, you keep it up Clover, just keep it up....remember, list..list time! Let me know. Those are so pretty!

lau.gif

Does this "help"??

15879_ameraucanachick.jpg
15879_ameraucanachicks.jpg
15879_blackameraucanachicks.jpg
15879_k7a25e4c291d20_1000638.jpg

lau.gif

99921_dscn0975.jpg

My "mutt" chicks. Mom is Americana and dad was a RIR/Golden Comet. Foster mom
who brooded out eggs is my Black Cochin "Mrs. Bloomers".

Lynne
bun.gif

Quote:

lau.gif

Does this "help"??

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15879_ameraucanachick.jpghttps://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15879_ameraucanachicks.jpghttps://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15879_blackameraucanachicks.jpghttps://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15879_k7a25e4c291d20_1000638.jpg

lau.gif

Black babies!
th.gif
ep.gif
What are those on the bottom, the red light is hard to see the color, or muffs.
Hey, I just talked with someone that bought from you that lives in California. She bought some Favorelles from you. I think she got some Ameraucanas from you too...eggs, as in eggs! I do believe it was a while back. You little stink!
frow.gif

Oh, I take it back, went back to look again through the bottom pic..I see puffy cheeks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom