Show your favourite chicken pics and tell us the stories behind them

Floppy, One of my chickens who sadly mysteriously died, getting a drink from the garden hose... I noticed the strange behavior they did this all the time with the hose, and so i finally took a pic of it. :) I hope you get as much joy out of it as i have.. :)
smile.png

Checkers Showing her Photogenic Side... Multiple times... She's what I like to call a camera hog... Usually I try to get pics of many different birds, but she pops right up in front of me, Like HERE I AM, TAKE MY PICTURE!! :D
Thats cool!!!! what kind of chickens are they? look how rounded the feathers are, sorta like my cochin hens

Our first fluffy babies, I was such a proud mama!

The first time we let our babies see what OUTSIDE was like.

Sitting on the roost!

Chicken coop Husband proudly built all by himself!

Giant egg!
awwww Did you hatch your babies? adorable and WOW thats a triple yolker!!

this i gladice and ezmee,the white one i foun a few months back,she had been attacked by something and was in a bad condition.after bout 2 months when she was better she was lonley so we got her a friend(brown one!) and named her ezmee :)
vff
LOL look at them looking at each other like, what they doing with that thing looking at us?

Hi ccccchickens... how on earth do you type that and get the correct amount of CCCCCs ???? LOL
well when you make your profile you are only aloud to have 15 chaaracters for your username. so i have subtract the hickens which is 7 for the 15. because i can never remember that there are 8 c's.also sometimes i just dont logout!

This is Dyllen and Maroon. I was trying to take pics of the cats, but they were cooperating. Although, Maroon was more than happy to come and pose for the camera!

Just had to show this pic, I love how it turned out.

This is Alaska. He was hatched in the same clutch as the picture above this one. He hatched about 12 hours after everyone else. Therefor, he was the runt. I woke up the morning after he had hatched to find that the entire back of his neck was bald and bleeding. I brought him inside and got a little teddy bear for him.

This is Phoenix and Dayday. Dayday was the only chicken in a group of eight ducks for a while. Later, I finally got another. At first, they didn't think much of each other. Dayday stayed with her ducks and Phoenix just went off on his own (he started out really freaked out by the ducks). About two weeks later I found them sitting and "talking" to each other. Of course I had to take a picture!

This is Hazel, Athene, Dixie, and Maine. I had one of my chickens hatch three chicks. Momma was a little abusive towards them. I took them away and put them in the brooder. Although, at this time, I was already planning on getting a few ducklings. When I brought them home, they were bigger than I expected. I still put them in the same brooder, thinking that they'd be okay since it was night (shame on me for thinking that ducks would calm down at night). When I checked on them the next morning, I thought they were dead. To my surprise, two of the were still (barely) alive. After taking them inside and hand feeding/watering them, they were back to normal. After several days, I was able to "properly" introduce them.

This is Lucky. I had taken all my chicks/ducklings outside. The other two chicks were having a ball dustbathing for the first time. Lucky, however, thought it more fun to sit on top of the crate and talk to me.

Lucky's first and second egg, along with one of my other chickens "full sized" egg.

This is Dayday and Maroon on my lap, and another chicken (Chichi) sitting on the food container waiting for her turn.

This is the first day I brought Phoenix home. He didn't want to use the perch I set up for him (it was in where the ducks were sleeping), so he slept here instead.

Last edited:
most of chickens can fly out of their pen because it is not enclosed all the way around. and we have an extention cord so we can power our heat lamps and stuff. it is up in the air though, so that when we mow we dont forget about it and mow over it. so when the chickens fly up and over the fence they stop and take a break, balance on the extention cord for a minute and they fly off of it.

This one is of my ladies eating for te first time in their new coop :) From left to right... Charlie, Fancy, Oddball( one tail feather sticks up the wrong way), Tiny, Maureen( O'Hara)
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/394275_534642689894537_1766571251_n.jpg?dl=1
Miss Fancy
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/485823_534642769894529_1027338897_n.jpg?dl=1

Saying Hey!
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x720/576936_534642816561191_524039314_n.jpg?dl=1

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom