Show Your Guineas!

36435_p1010006.jpg

The Silky is the foster mom and these are the parents...
100_8134.jpg

100_8094.jpg

file-53.jpg

file-1.jpg

We lost this little lady, she was hand raised in the house last winter and very friendly-
flashsiting.jpg

but wasn't too cautious, so i suspect a hawk...

ok i dont find them nice looking or anything but know yall do, as chicks they are to cute, but what are these good for, i have heard as an alarm system but what else?

what they really need to put in their job description is they are great for comic relief...
smile.png
if you ever see them chasing bugs it is impossible not to laugh

Quote:
Guineas are used for a few different things.
Most of all, people get them for bug control. If you have a tick problem, even a big tick problem, they will clean it up. I mean at my house we went from you couldn't go out without getting one on you to now, your never see any! Not even on the animals. They also eat the seeds from some grasses and weeds.
Other people have them for meat. Now I have never had guinea meat, but people say it is really good. Some people like their eggs, they are small but good. And during their laying season they are very faithful about laying everyday.
Then some people just like them for pets..
Now the reason I have guineas, other than the tick control, is because I hatched and sell keets. I sell my guinea keets (chicks) for $3 each and have no problem getting rid of them. In fact I have kept a few from my hatchlings and bought some more because I can't keep up with what people want.
Hope that helped!~
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom