3 Guinea bumps on a log:
3guineasonalog.jpg

Lap guinea:
downloadfile-181.jpg

Guinea community dust bath:
2011-09-14151344.jpg

Guineas grow on trees around here:
2011-10-23134711.jpg

Wow all the pictures are great! Guineas seem so charming. I wonder if I could integrate one into my little flock of hens or is it best to get a broody hen to raise them for you from eggs? I wouldn't want them getting beat up, so I would think a broody hen momma would be best, wouldn't it.

Last edited:
I had guineas last year and ended up giving them away when they started tearing all the feathers out of my silkies :-/ Maybe I'll try again in the spring if I can figure out some way to keep them away from my poodle-birds... I love ALL of these photos
smile.png
I think guineas are the coolest looking creatures... they have such detail in their feathers...

I have mine in with silkies, but I raised the guineas from babies with them. If they ever started being mean to my silkies, they'd be separated too. I also let my guineas out to free range. Silkies are only allowed out when I'm there.

I had a single guinea named after the bird from Pixars UP. He was a hoot, and he was best friends with my Silver Spangled Hamburg Roo, Sherlock. Both got attacked by some creature though, and I miss watching those two roam about the yard, and terroize the ducks. They were a wonderful comic duo!

101079_dscn2692.jpg

I think Kevin was beautiful!
big_smile.png
He was so ugly he was cute.

Back
Top Bottom