Showgirl chicken? What? Could someone please explain this to me? xP

lol, this is my pigeon now as of a few days ago.

Picture040.jpg

i love all my pigeons and showgirls i think they r all beautiful, i have never met one yet i didn't fall in love with.
smile.png

Waking up an old thread to ask....

... How easy are showgirls to sex when they're young?

And are the males called showgirls? showboys? chippendale dancers? what?

And what kind of layers are they? How many eggs do you showgirl owners get from your girls??

I soooooo want one. Sooooo...... want one.
droolin.gif

I thought they were quite ugly until I saw them as chicks then I had to have one. Hubby now ONLY wants Showgirls!

Our roo, completely naked neck:
ShowgirlsMay24090310LRlogo.jpg

One of our new hens (HOPEFULLY!) bow tied, which more people seem to prefer as less skin is exposed:
ShowgirlsMay24090332LRlogo.jpg

Our roo as a baby:
Showgirls9464LRBWCW.jpg

Showgirls9467LRCW.jpg

Hubby named him Helmet because he said it looked like he was wearing a helmet with goggles.

How easy are showgirls to sex when they're young?

Like silkies, it depends on the quality...many can't be sexed until they're a few months old.

And are the males called showgirls? showboys? chippendale dancers? what?

hmmmmm chippendale dancers sounds good, but everyone calls them showgirls
lau.gif

And what kind of layers are they? How many eggs do you showgirl owners get from your girls??

The better quality ones lay about the same as a silkie (4-5 eggs per week). The poorer quality ones tend to be better layers as they're closer to turkens than silkies, and turkens are usually pretty good layers.

Quote:
Yep, that birds a female, and a nice one too. Beautiful pics! What kind of camera do you use?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom