Showgirl Gender?

La Casa de Pollo

Crowing
8 Years
Nov 4, 2011
Northern Utah
Here I have three showgirls. Two have combs that are very similar, and one is totally different. Do I have two girls and a boy or vice versa?

Comb type 1. Narrower, But little bumps starting at the top. All three pics are the same chick, chick "A"

Comb type 2, two different chicks. But they are very wide, much flatter, one even looks slightly pink but it had some pink skin at birth so it may be a non factor. Pics 1,2 and 4 are one chick, Chick "B", and pic 3 is a third, Chick "C" with a slightly pink comb

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
That is good to know! I would think they would be similar to silkies. This is my first batch of chicks that I have raised, so any hints are helpful. Of course, if there are two of one kind, it would be a pair of roos haha.

That is good to know! I would think they would be similar to silkies. This is my first batch of chicks that I have raised, so any hints are helpful. Of course, if there are two of one kind, it would be a pair of roos haha.

Haha at least you have one girl in there :fl I think, maybe I wrong and you'll have a trio. Only thing a know about half naked chickens is that they sometimes need sun screen and some people make them scarves for the winter :D

I better get right on that! Now where are those knitting needles..hmm.... lol

I AM glad there are some differences. I am only trying to get one girl, so at least it makes me feel pretty confident they are not ALL boys. Ha.

both sorta look like cockerels but it is a bit toearly to tell for sure on them

There are three chicks in all---the top one (narrow comb, little bumps), then the bottom pics are of two different chicks that both have the wider flatter comb. You think the two on the bottom with the wider combs look like boys? Or the top and bottom pics (all three?) Don't scare me. lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom