Showgirl Questions

Wowthose are some nice SG's. I really like the Blue. It doesn't look like the Blue is bearded but the white one has a beard for sure !!! I prefer the non bearded, just a personal choice. I like to think of my SG's as Vegas Dancers and I haven't seen one of those with a beard yet !!! LOL

Very nice, thanks for sharing !!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I am thinking about getting Showgirls to breed in with my silkies. I have Black White and Lavender Silkies. All bearded. I want like an awesome pair of White Showgirls. Are they a breed, like do they compete for Champ Featherlegged?

Quote:
edited to say , i miss read this,
they can be shown, she get shown under silkie class as showgirl , silkie.

Last edited:
Shay, actually they are NOT eligible to compete for Champ Feather Leg. They are not currently an accepted variety, but then again, neither are lavenders. Due to this, they can get best of AOV (all other varieties) in the silkie class. If enough people raise them so that they meet standard, perhaps they can be accepted. From what I hear the challenge has been how would they be called, in what category they would be shown. Think about it this way, would they be shown as a variety of silkie or a variety of naked neck? I am hopeful it could still be done, because there are some things I really like about them. First, the eyes are often more visible and they, often, have better vision. In those with good blue earlobes, which I am hoping to get more of in future breedings, the earlobes look like brilliant earrings on their neck.

They are an incredibly fun bird to have, and the temperment, of mine at least, has been every bit as sweet as the silkies.

Quote:
I do know they go in as ( Showgirl , silkie then if non-beared or beared), so tehy are shown under silkie at least mine are. I put a couple into show, ohh yea your right i think they can get (all other varieties) under silkie class.

When i said yea they can, i did not even read the part about the feather leg champ, i was saying yes that they can be shown and that they are accepted. sorry for teh confusion.
hmm.png

and they do look at the darkness of teh skin and wattles and comb, toes seperation and to have teh 5 toes and the blue earlobes all like a silkie.
big_smile.png

I am showing another Showgirl rooster at a show in 2 weeks, i will let you all know what he gets put under.

Last edited:
Shay, they aren't accepted. Neither is lavender. You can show them, and if they have any hope of being accepted they need to be shown. Thank you for the compliments on the showgirls. The mother of the blue is a wonderful hen, she is very small but DENSE. Great layer, one almost every day despite the fact she is about two.

I also get fantastic fertility from them. I keep hoping for a splash SG, but this blue on blue pairing hasn't thrown any. I get splash chicks, blue chicks, and blue SG. So far, the SG blues have been boys. I'm waiting for her to give me a few nice pullets.

Last edited:
Quote:
I was told they are approved by teh APA when i showed mine.
th.gif
Oh well, some day they will be.
big_smile.png

Learn something new every day.

Well I know i will keep showing mine, so far at the shows i show there is only 1 other person who the showgirls, she is from here BYC.
But the last time i showed them i had a lot that wanted either them or there babys. so hopefully it will pick up a lot more on showing them.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I want a blue SG. I just seperated mine off white to white, but then i still have 2 white SG in my silkie pen with buff, white ,blue and black and a lavender split colors.

I also have 2 partridge showgirls well not full partridge one is more gray. I am thinking on putting them with teh whites for now.

Back
Top Bottom