Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Hi, I have been lurking through this thread for a while, soooo much cuteness!!
I have been wanting one of these fluffers and may be getting a few eventually. How do they do in coops with other breeds? Most of my babies free range but I would like to make an enclosed area for them and put them with my 2 leghorn/BR crosses that are really small and docile. Hopefully I can keep them together but if anyone thinks I shouldn't I can always give them a seperate coop/run.

Hi, I have been lurking through this thread for a while, soooo much cuteness!!
I have been wanting one of these fluffers and may be getting a few eventually. How do they do in coops with other breeds? Most of my babies free range but I would like to make an enclosed area for them and put them with my 2 leghorn/BR crosses that are really small and docile. Hopefully I can keep them together but if anyone thinks I shouldn't I can always give them a seperate coop/run.

With my silkies/showgirls, I can usually mix them with other breeds so long as the other breeds are juvies when they meet---if the other breeds are adults they pick on them, the limited sight makes them too vulnerable.

Unfortunately these little ones have to stay seperated since several of my big girls pick on them. I always slowly introduce my chickens and wouldn't put them together till the SG's were the same size but I am still undecided on putting them together, I may put a divider up and see, they're crazy docile but they are part leghorn so I dunno....

Hi there. I have a showgirl question. My ~week old showgirls seem to have dry skin on their necks. Is this typical? Should I be moisturizing them or something? Lol. That may be a silly question. I get eczema though and I know how uncomfortable it can be. Maybe you can see it in the pic.

Back
Top Bottom