Showgirls?

S n M Poultry

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 31, 2007
Riverside,CA
i have a trio of white showgirls that i got from one of the top SG breeders in So.Cal. One thing is that idk anything about them! there quite small and one is bearded and looks like santa. Can SG breders on here tell me anything about them?

Last edited:
First thing is that they are a cross between a naked neck and a silkie. First generation doesn't look like much as they are smooth feathered. Many generations goes into producing a showgirl.

What info are you looking for. There are a number of people here with them.

Hope to have partridge showgirls hatching shortly.

if u can post pics i will try to tell ya roughly what generation they r. it may not be exact since i'm not the breeder but should be close and i can tell ya gender also if u don't know. if u cross sg to sg ya get throw backs of turken genes if u cross silkie to sg u always improve the sg in some way for ur lines.

u can breed either but i learned the hard way i will always breed showgirl to silkie. they just make for a better baby everytime. i breed my 12th generations to my exhibition white silkies and i have introduced into them not only all 5 toes with feathering but also the white recesive gene. as far as i know i'm the only breeder to produce these features let alone both together in the same babies so the start of this years breedings has been excellent. i'm looking forward to see what else i can improve on them.

silkie

Back
Top Bottom