Showing bantams

Jul 31, 2019
Hi all,
Earlier this year i received some bantam eggs to hatch at home from a relative, they successfully hatched and I now have 3 hen birds and 1 cockerel, at 3 months old, (lucky I know ;)). I wasn't told what breed they are but from the looks and research I have done, I would say they are Black Japanese bantams.
For me, the cockerel is especially handsome and I would love to show him at locals shows but I have no previous experience in this, can someone please give me some advice! I live in the UK and have no idea what rules there are, he seems to be a quiet cockerel and is calm when I hold him so that is not a problem but as I only have a small number of poultry I don't have them vaccinated for anything. Is this a problem if i am wanting to show him? What class would he go into? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.:hugs

I've just stumbled across this now but I'm super busy since it's cleaning out day!

I can help you with your questions though since I show here in the UK too.

It might be in a few hours but I will try and help you out when I'm finished with cleaning :)

I've just stumbled across this now but I'm super busy since it's cleaning out day!

I can help you with your questions though since I show here in the UK too.

It might be in a few hours but I will try and help you out when I'm finished with cleaning :)

Hi thank you so much! I have no previous experience of showing chickens and i am a complete novice. :)

Back
Top Bottom