Showing non APA recognized breeds

stoopid

Chicken Fairy Godmother
8 Years
Aug 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
I need to know if I can take my splash marans to the Sussex County show on Oct. I know only the BCM is the only recognized color, but I have seen other non-recognized breeds at shows. I also hatched out Thai gamefowl, was told I could show them, what class? Thanks for all your input.

Last edited:
What you have is a recognized Breed, the variety is not recognized. Some fairs you would need to contact the fair and make sure. The APA shows you would enter as a Marans and the class would be AOV. In this class you will be able to only win this class and can not move up any higher in awards in an APA approved show.

I'm not even sure that the Black Coppers are a recognized breed/color? Last I heard they were working on it....

I have taken Coronation Sussex and some others to shows...the most they can win is best of variety (for being the only one there) and the only one there.....I think.....

Quote:
This may be a typo but Splash isn't a Breed but a variety.
Black Cooper Maran are the only approved variety, Splash Maran are a variety of there own and are not approved yet.

If there is a class at the show that you are going to for Any Other Variety of Maran then you can show a Splash in that class.

Chris

Last edited:
Quote:
Here is the All Other Standard Breeds Class,
All Other Standard Breeds:
Modern Game, Old English Games, Sumatras, Malays, Cubalayas, Phoenix, Yokohamas, Aseels, Shamos, Sultans, Frizzles, Naked Necks, Araucanas, Ameraucanas

Thai are not a Standard Breed.
Note that when it says "Standard Breed" they mean breeds that are in the American Standard of Perfection. (Not All Other Large Fowl)

Chris

Last edited:
Quote:
This may be a typo but Splash isn't a Breed but a variety.
Black Cooper Maran are the only approved variety, Splash Maran are a variety of there own and are not approved yet.

If there is a class at the show that you are going to for Any Other Variety of Maran then you can show a Splash in that class.

Chris

Chris, Just did not put everything in there. FYI there is no such thing as a Maran.

Back
Top Bottom