Showing off Blue! *Pictures*

Quote:
Entirely possible as I also turned up one chocolate bibbed as well out of that group, my favorite, named "Downtown Brown". I just might try it again next year for one go because I've had a couple of really nice and unexpected sports come out of it, and they seem to be strong ducks as a result of natural selection.

I need to start calling a couple of folks and find out if any blues will be available at all this year. I had called to be put on a few people's waiting lists early in the spring and I know of at least one who did not hatch any out this year.
sad.png

Quote:
He could have come from a number of different colors, not necessarily just Blue. Several other colors carry blue dilution. For example, Butters carry two blue dilution genes, so every offspring would have at least one blue regardless of what the other parent was.

This guy popped up as a sport from when all my ducks were together at the beginning of the season before they were established in their breeding pens, so I am guessing it would be the black drake crossed on a white hen. The only other color I had in with them at the time were grays. I almost kept him as a personal pet but I already have enough of those, so I thought it would be better for him to have a home with more personalized attention, which I am happy to say I think ducklover15 has given him.
smile.png
He's our only blue baby so far, and might be our only one unless I get a pair of blues...I have breeding pens and enough space now to keep the drakes and hens separated unless they are set up in the groups I want them to breed in. I am looking right now for a pair of self-blues without bibs but the guy I thought I had lined up for a pair did not get any hatched this year, so it's back to inquiring.

I have some Blues (they're either Bibbed, Pied, or Magpie - they have a LOT of White on them, but they're not "correctly" marked for any of those patterns) that came from a Butterscotch x White mating that look a LOT like Blue, ducklover15. They started out really deep Blue, and now they're going the exact same shade of brown. I think the breeder also had some Snowies and Bibbeds, so I have no idea the exact background of the parents, but I saw them and the drake was a pretty nice little Butterscotch, and there were two White females in the pen.

Just thought I'd add that. He's gorgeous.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom