Showing off my new babies.

Jacinta

Chirping
Apr 12, 2016
Austin, Tx.
So my chicks arrived last Friday, and yesterday I had to extend their run because it started to look really crowded in the original one.
oh the joy of looking at them extending their wings and flapping and running! They are my 3th attempt to raise chicks from hatching-shipped-home and I love it. (my husband puts up with me having the coop inside for a few weeks, this year it Austin,Tx our winter has been mild, if non existent, so chicks will head out sooner than the ones from last year. Here are my pictures.

View attachment 1681600 View attachment 1681601
View attachment 1681602
View attachment 1681601 View attachment 1681602 View attachment 1681600 View attachment 1681600

So my chicks arrived last Friday, and yesterday I had to extend their run because it started to look really crowded in the original one.
oh the joy of looking at them extending their wings and flapping and running! They are my 3th attempt to raise chicks from hatching-shipped-home and I love it. (my husband puts up with me having the coop inside for a few weeks, this year it Austin,Tx our winter has been mild, if non existent, so chicks will head out sooner than the ones from last year. Here are my pictures.

View attachment 1681602
View attachment 1681601 View attachment 1681602 View attachment 1681600 View attachment 1681600
Congratulations!:)

View attachment 1681602

what kind are they? they are so cute congrats!

Are they Wyandottes? They are wickedly adorable!

Glad to see you using a cardboard carton for a brooder. I used to used those, and one spring, I was visiting the feed store about six weeks after I'd gotten my chicks, and guess what happened. Yep, four more baby chicks kidnapped me and forced their way into my vehicle and demanded I take them home.

Putting them in with the older chicks wasn't going to work, so I got another big carton and taped it to the carton with the older chicks. Then I cut a pass-through in the common wall and taped a window screen over it so all the chicks could safely get acquainted. It also enabled me to provide different levels of heat for the two groups.

Are they Wyandottes? They are wickedly adorable!

Glad to see you using a cardboard carton for a brooder. I used to used those, and one spring, I was visiting the feed store about six weeks after I'd gotten my chicks, and guess what happened. Yep, four more baby chicks kidnapped me and forced their way into my vehicle and demanded I take them home.

Putting them in with the older chicks wasn't going to work, so I got another big carton and taped it to the carton with the older chicks. Then I cut a pass-through in the common wall and taped a window screen over it so all the chicks could safely get acquainted. It also enabled me to provide different levels of heat for the two groups.
I think you should contact the US Patent Office.

Back
Top Bottom