Shrinkwrapped chick?

Yay my 5th blue shrink-wrapped chick is hanging in there and improving. I'm sure I saw it pecking at food and it's mobility is much better too.

Attachments

• 20230911_091406.jpg
    20230911_091406.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 7
So great to hear the chick is improving! That looks like an excellent broody area so the chick won't be left behind by mom and other chicks as it continues to recover and gain strength.
Thank you so much for your support. I think I'll leave mum and chicks in the stable for a couple of weeks as there is plenty of room and I shut it up at night to keep out predators.
PS is that a Pyrenees guarding your chooks?

PS is that a Pyrenees guarding your chooks?
He is 1/2 Pyrenese and 1/2 Anatolian Shepherd. Two of his litter had longer hair like a G.P., and the rest had short hair like an A.S. I had pick of the litter and prefer longer-haired dogs, so I chose him. He's an awesome sweet-natured but very protective dog. His name is Rango, but I didn't name him. When i picked him up to take him home after purchasing him, the little boy of the mother who owned his litter reached out to pet him and said "Bye, Rango." That name came from the animated movie 'Rango." I told the little boy that was the perfect name, because when he grows up, he will be Rango, the new sheriff in town."😄

Back
Top Bottom