Shut up Buffy Bumpit!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by insiderart, Sep 15, 2009.

1. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Ugh, Buffy Bumpit has started this thing where she runs around her brooder cheeping her fool head off at nothing. She acts like you are about to pull her tail feathers out when you go to pick her up.

Only chicks are really spoiled!

2. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Now Buffy Bumpit thinks she needs to jump out of the brooder! WTH is going on in there tonight?

3. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    I had one that was like that! One day I hear all sorts of commotion from the other chicks and the little escape artist had gotten herself stuck between the top of the brooder and the wire mesh wall. [​IMG][​IMG] To this day, I haven't the foggiest clue how she got up there. It was 3' high! [​IMG] She was fine...no injuries. But, sure was a nut case as a chick!

4. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Songster

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    She wants and LOVES your company!!![​IMG]

5. RAWR

RAWR Songster

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    sounds like shes kinda hyper to me xD lol
    and i think shes just happy or something

6. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Songster

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    She acts like a little boy. [​IMG]

7. poultrygeist

poultrygeist Songster

Sep 4, 2009
    Hunterdon Cty. NJ
    A bug probably got in there! One of them catches it and they all run around chirping and chasing her trying to get the bug for themselves. Absolutely no manners!

8. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

omg I have several iof them right now lol 8 weeks old and they need a turbo sticker plastered to their butts. They ZOOM around the pen at 90 miles and hour flapping as fast as they can...its so funny!! They seem to be all girls tho from what i can tell...no rooster look at all to any. I think I have hyperactive youngsters [​IMG]

Thats how their auntie got her name...Mercedes. All she did as a baby was run. She never walked it was always VROOOOOOOOOOM as fast as she could go. The little EE we have atm is exactly like her as a chick. We named her Porsche lol [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    ADHD chicks, just give them a little "chickalin"

10. wombat

wombat Songster

Jun 23, 2009
    I had one of those this spring. We let the kids sit on the floor with instructions to not pick her up, and let her run about the sunroom exploring. Usually wore her out and she'd just stop and fall asleep in an instant.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by