SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!

crystal94040

Songster
12 Years
Aug 15, 2007
ok my chickens squak every morning at about 7-9 while they are laying...it's usually only a minute or two each and thats it....well today they all layed and then while I was out there feeding them one starts up...now - 3 hours later she is still at it...she is just walking around...pecking at the ground here and there...then SQUAK SQUAK...grrr
she doesn't seem to be in pain...just enjoying the sound of her own voice...starting to really annoy me.
I'm a first time chicken owner and wondering if there is anything I'm missing...or is this just normal?

ok...as long as it's normal.
I only worry eventually my neighbors will complain because I live in a residential neighborhood.
but come to think of it I can just point out that their dog is far more annoying than my chickens lol

If you are on good terms with your neighbors, they probably don't mind the noise. Or if you aren't you can offer some eggs and then they will love your hens just as much as you.
smile.png

We have one hen who really likes to brag about the egg she has just laid and will yell about it for hours. We usually shut her up by throwing her some grapes
smile.png

Also we give our neighbours a few fresh eggs every now and again to keep them happy
wink.png

Last edited:
my neighbors think I'm crazy for having chickens to begin with...the first question people always ask is "you EAT the eggs?" "is that safe?"
roll.png

I'd offer them some but I'm pretty sure they would just toss them and say "omg she actually gave us eggs, what a nutcase" lol

Crystal, I think hats too funny! At least You know what your chickens are eating!
Our eggs are so good with orange yolks, not that pale watery yellow!

Back
Top Bottom