SIAMESE silkie .. paint? Splash

Looks like a paint bantam silkie to me with incorrect skin colour melanisation. Hope it thrives because it will be cute.

Never heard of siamese silkies and I'm in the UK. Must just be another version of a cross or less than 100% silkie, like satins. Mostly silkie but something is wrong. That pic of the pink ones shows some weird non -walnut combs.

Sometimes people cheat with Silkies and go with a pea comb because it can actually be hard to get a walnut comb to look good enough for show, apparently.

Whoops, my bad, I was mixing pea and rose combs. Some Silkies have modified rose combs instead of walnut combs according to some, specifically non bearded Silkies with sizable wattles, because apparently you can't have both correctly sized wattles and a walnut comb on a non bearded Silkie, as is required by the standard. I don't know enough about the genetics to know if this is true, it's just something I came across while looking at various Silkie related info.

chicken genetics just blows my mind. I can't quite understand it all properly. I did read somewhere that the walnut comb isn't a specific comb gene, it is the product of all the other comb genes put together. Not sure how that works or if it is true.

Back
Top Bottom