Siberian Husky? Good protectors?

i had a husky wolf cross which i would think the wolf in it would make the prey drive worse but must have lessened it becouse we had free range chickens and she never even chased them i have gotten rly lucky with dogs in this sence though cuz my lab loves to chase birds eats rabbits mole anything leaves my free range chickens alone

I am a veterinarian... and Good Heavens NO!!!!
smile.png
Pulling your sled, yes, guarding livestock, HECK NO!

A friend of my is trying to re-home her husky as it has killed quite a few of the neighbor's chickens. Though they try to keep her tied when outdoors, she does manage to escape every now and then and always succeeds in killing another bird before she'd rounded up.

The response was unanimous against having this breed for my flock. I'm sad that I have to turn this puppy away but glad I did not make a mistake that would have cost me alot of heartache losing my birds.... Thanks to all who responded! BYC is GREAT!

My son would love that puppy he wants a husky so bad we had a husky/German shepherd mix he was the most gentle dog around our neighbors had chickens cats, you name it and he never bothered them he was just so laid back if I had the chance I would have taken the puppy for my son,

Back
Top Bottom