sicilian buttercups!!!!!

I got a couple of chicks a few weeks ago. I had a broody hen and was desperate for some chicks so I picked up some from a local feed store. I was told they were Sicilian Flowers, pullets, and they think they were from Privett Hatchery. Anywho, they have this strange cup shaped comb and I believe thy are buttercups! I'll post pictures soon. I have two of them, and one's comb is quite a bit larger than the others and I hoping it's not a roo!

For anyone following, here's a couple of pics.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing! They definitely look like Buttercups to me! There is no comb quite like it! We have a roo who rules the roost. He is not the biggest, but there is NO question that he is boss!

Of course they're Buttercups. They're the only breed with that comb. They're also the only breed with that coloration.

Lol. Our Buttercup crows a LOT too! He crows if someone is walking outside that isn't one of his people. He crows a lot if a car is coming. He crows if one of his girls is too far away. He crows if the babies are being irritated by one of his girls. Oh and he crows for the heck of it!

Back
Top Bottom