sicilian buttercups!!!!!

A question for you, I purchase two pullets buttercups and they are now about six months old and one has developed spurs. I have trouble telling them apart and it would be fine if it is roo, but they both feathered out like hens. Ideas and thoughts would help.

A question for you, I purchase two pullets buttercups and they are now about six months old and one has developed spurs. I have trouble telling them apart and it would be fine if it is roo, but they both feathered out like hens. Ideas and thoughts would help.

Some hens will devolop spurs. My Buttercups are still young but I have some girls of other breeds who have devoloped spurs. If they both have the same coloring, and haven't started crowing, I would bet they are girls. Post a pic and we could confirm.:D

I'm just used to them being a golden shade. That was why I had asked. :) Did you get her from a hatchery?

Here are my only two girls. My hen on the right is the better hen in coloration and comb, even now a few weeks later. They're definitely fun little birds to have around.

I hatched mine from eggs from Dr Bramwell at the University of Arkansas. They are definatly darker than yours. Don't know if it makes any difference but mine are bantams. I am totally new to the breed. I just enjoy variety in my flock.:D

That's right, I think you told me before. I'm losing my mind and can't keep up with all I've asked and written. I was going to order more hens and a roo but have decided to wait.

That's right, I think you told me before. I'm losing my mind and can't keep up with all I've asked and written. I was going to order more hens and a roo but have decided to wait.

No problem. I am the same way. Between work and the holidays, I don't know if I am coming or going.

I am anxious to see how they mature. They are on the darker side and some are more spotty than others. I have not seen many except in pictures so I am not sure exactly what they should look like and how wide a range, if any, is acceptable in colorings. That is one reason I joined this thread. :)

PD,

I have figured out why they are dark: they are boys!!!! Arggggg! I have been so focused on other things, I really had not thought about how much they are changing. They are in a mixed flock and I have really been watching some other birds more to figure out a few thingssso I just had considered their shoots when they were younger and our conversation made me make another look.

:barnie

Anyone near Arkansas need some pretty cockerels?

Back
Top Bottom