Sick 4 Week Old Chick.....

I have heard of respiratory diseases such as Crazy Chick Disease and Aspergillosis.
Crazy Chick Disease (Encephalomalacia) is a neurological disorder, not a respiratory disease. It's mainly due to vitamin E deficiency. Aspergillosis is a fungal disease.

Can you get some photos or a video of her?
Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

She may have respiratory disease, hard to know. She has a wide variety of symptoms - have you treated her with anything?

Crazy Chick Disease (Encephalomalacia) is a neurological disorder, not a respiratory disease. It's mainly due to vitamin E deficiency. Aspergillosis is a fungal disease.

Can you get some photos or a video of her?
Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

She may have respiratory disease, hard to know. She has a wide variety of symptoms - have you treated her with anything?
I have thought it was Gapeworm, so I have been mixing her water with apple cider vinegar. I have also given her colloidal silver. I'm thinking she has worms because she has started eating quite a bit of wet chicken food (I mixed it with water, because she has trouble swallowing), but she is not gaining any weight. In fact, she seems to be losing weight. She is so small and skinny! When I hold her, it feels like I'm just holding skin and bones. I'll take a picture of her for size comparison.

Here's a few pictures of her (she's on the right), for a size comparison:
DSCN0242.JPG

Picture 2:

DSCN0246.JPG

I have thought it was Gapeworm, so I have been mixing her water with apple cider vinegar. I have also given her colloidal silver. I'm thinking she has worms because she has started eating quite a bit of wet chicken food (I mixed it with water, because she has trouble swallowing), but she is not gaining any weight. In fact, she seems to be losing weight. She is so small and skinny! When I hold her, it feels like I'm just holding skin and bones. I'll take a picture of her for size comparison.

I read that Safeguard will deworm her. How much do I give such a small chick, who barely even weighs anything?
Are you sure her crop is emptying completely overnight?

Gapeworm is treated with Safeguard - dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 days in a row.

Have you treated her for Coccidiosis?
What does her poop look like?

She passed away this afternoon. 😥
Her beak was turning blue, and her feet were cold before she died. I am glad she is in no more pain or distress. Thank you for all the advice, I really appreciated it!

Back
Top Bottom