Sick 5-6 week old chick - respiratory?

tpatricco

Songster
Mar 24, 2019
Warren, NJ
I have a 5-6ish week old Salmon Faverolle who demonstrated some respiratory irritation (sneezing, crusty eyes around the 3 week mark - she recovered after I washed the eyes out with saline and administered VetRx neat on her beak and under wings for a few days).

Same chicken is presenting with similar symptoms again starting a couple days ago. Began similar course of treatment and added triple antibiotic ointment to the eyes after washing out earlier today - she's doing a lot of resting with eyes closed. Have also given the whole flock Nutri-Drench water for a couple days for a boost. I am obviously concerned, what else can I be doing for her?

Last edited:
Hi Sorry your chick, is not well. If i was you, i would scramble an egg up, for her.
If you have any fresh herbs, chop a few up and add, to egg. The herbs will help her
immune symptom. Also try her with plain yogurt as well. Now, this will sound crazy, but
it works. Have you any VICK vapour rub. Get a cotton bud, dip a little in the Vicks
and dab on each nostril. You can also dab on her crop. Keep doing this every couple of hours. Trust me this will help her, if you have not got Vicks, then eucalyptus oil will
help as well. She is a a lovely cute chick, and looks as if she has plenty of life in her. Bless.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom