Sick 5 week old chick

dmirnms

Hatching
Oct 11, 2016
Hi. Wanted to pick some brains... I've got a 5week old Orphington that became puffed up and won't eat or drink this morning They just finished a seven day round of Corid for possible coccidiosis( per my vets recommdation). I put Nutri drench in the water yesterday and started probiotics today. The little one is alert but won't move around much. The other 5 seem normal and eating. This ones poop was greenish this morning as well. Hate to lose this little one. Any input is welcome!! Thanks!

Last edited:
What are you using for heat? And what temperature? Hopefully it's just the medicine that made it feel unwell.

Using a Brinsa radiant heat...I was thinking the same thing about the medication. I pulled him from the brooder and gave a gruel of starter feed with water mixed with electrolyte and vitamins. Had to force feed for a few hours but yesterday evening... he seems much improved eating and drinking on his own and actually standing and walking Not sure what the problem was but going to keep eye on him. Thanks for the response!

Back
Top Bottom