Sick 5 week old Potbelly pig

When i walk in she still oinks at me. Im keeping her in a very quiet/dark room. I think its probably just gas but how do i get it to pass?

I say JUST gas. IF it is gas my number one priority is to help her pass it. Then figure out why she is gassy. If thats what it is.

So i just read where coccidia poop goes from yellow and runny to yellow and pasty. So maybe thats what it is. Piggy is pretty much the same. Doesnt seem much worse. Hopefully she can make it through the night and to the vet! Poor thing! I feel terrible for her! I just wish i knew exactly what to do.

So this very early this morning she started doing better and now she seems almost normal. I just fed her pedialyte and water as she would take it last night and didnt offer any food. I think she was just having gastrointestinal issues. We had also recently switched her formula as she can be weaned in just a few days so when we ran out of the one kind i just used the other kind i had instead of buying new. First thing this morning i went and bought the kind she has always had. Hopefully she wont have anymore issues. So relieved that she is doing good today. I will be watching her closely!

Have you tried charcoal? Charcoal can be very helpful for gas! I don't know how much to tell you to give her though. I weigh 150# and two capsules helped me immensely. Good luck! I can just about guarantee that it won't do any harm.

Back
Top Bottom