Sick Ameraucana - lethargic

DangerChickenHouse

Songster
8 Years
Jun 30, 2011
Charlotte, NC
) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.) Around two years old Ameraucana. She is my biggest bird.
2) What is the behavior, exactly. She is normally the friendliest and most outgoing. She is laying in the same place and won't interact. I can easily go over and pick her up. She is squirting liquid out of her butt with the gross noises to accompany the poop.Looking around her, it looks like she's been pooping liquid all day.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? Just today
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? No
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. No
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation. I have no idea.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. I have seen her drink water recently. She also sorta went after the meal worms, but the other chickens beat her to them.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. Poop is runny. No blood. Seems clear. However, there was green runny poo next to her.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? Nothing so far.
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? I want to treat completely myself.
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use The birds have an A frame coop and a HUGE run that is attached. During the day, they have the entire side of the house to roam with a lot of bushes to play in and structures to get under. They have a lot of room.

Back
Top Bottom