Becausequail

Hatching
Aug 12, 2023
Help I have been trying to raise bob white quail this is my first year having them. They live on the ground in a 4x8 pen they have a roof over top of them and chicken wire around them they are safe but in the last 2 months one would get sick then die within 5 days then 2 weeks later another one gets sick symptoms are retracted -neck, ruffled feathers,watery white droppings and drooping wings, and have like half closed eyes. I don’t know what to do I bought corid powder and BMD-50 medicated feed if anyone has anything to say please say need all the help I can get even the name of the disease would be great thank you. I also raise chuckar partridge they are livening on the ground as well they have a roof over them as well I heard they can be on the ground as long as the soil is well drained and it is if there are any more tips with the chuckar or the quail please help

Attachments

• IMG_8562.jpeg
    IMG_8562.jpeg
    851.6 KB · Views: 48
I am sorry your birds are getting sick. :hugs

Sounds like they could have Coccidiosis. Have you used the corid yet? I would definitely get that started and use for 5 to 7 days. Don't use medicated feed when using Corid, along with the fact that adults should not be fed medicated feed so they develop natural immunity. Too much amprolium using both meds and feed is dangerous.

They probably need wormed as well. Do you have any Wazine? It's mainly for round worms, however rounds are the most common in soil. Safeguard horse paste will work too.

Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom