Sick Chick Help!1

ChickNorris

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 6, 2012
In this past week I have aquired 8 new baby chicks, 2 americaunas, 2 gold laced polish, one silver laced polish,a black austrolorp, a brown leghorn, and a buff orpington.all within 4 days of each other. On the 4th day the first gold laced polish died.I then bought 2 more(the black austrolorp and the 2nd gold laced polish. 3 days later the silver laced polish and 1 of the americaunas died.Now the brown leghorn is just standing still. Itis lighter than the others and will occasionally eat and drink but is not at all as active as the others.Is it just sleepy?Ive already lost 3 and dont want to lose another.

its starter feed from a local feed store . its dry. the chick doesnt look puffed up but it is lethargic. i just put it in a separate box with 1 other chick .

Sorry about your chicks, but we need info. What kind of bedding are you using? Ceader chips are not good for chicks. Heat lamp temp? Chicks need around 95 degree heat drop 5 degrees a week, but they have to be able to get away from the heat if need to. You could put a little sugar in their water for a little pick me up. Sometimes it doesn't matter what we do, some chicks just don't have the will to survive. Good luck :thumbsup

Thank you very much. Im not using cedar shavings (I think Im using pine).The temparature for both boxes is around 90 degrees Im constantly moving the thermomoter between boxes because I olny have one.(I moved the chick to a separate box so the other chicks wouldnt step on it).I fed it some water from a dropper and it started pecking away at its feed.I really hope it pulls through.Its a brown leghorn butit has really pretty yellow stripes on i :).

Back
Top Bottom