Sick chick - should I use sulfadimethoxene on the rest?

Here is the obligatory poo shot and a pic of my bedraggled. She's a dark brahma bantam, about 6 days old now. I think she may be on the wane but she's still eating and drinking from the dropper. Unbelievable. I really want her to pull through.

Little gal died tonight. Went down fast once she went. I put the rest of the four bantams on corid as a preventative. I have three other BR pullets that are four days younger from a diff hatchery in a different brooder. I though I might not put them on corid since they have never been exposed and they are on medicated feed (all are). That way when we do combine in about four days they might get a little exposure to help the feed work. Is that a good idea?

Little gal died tonight. Went down fast once she went. I put the rest of the four bantams on corid as a preventative. I have three other BR pullets that are four days younger from a diff hatchery in a different brooder. I though I might not put them on corid since they have never been exposed and they are on medicated feed (all are). That way when we do combine in about four days they might get a little exposure to help the feed work. Is that a good idea?
Sorry you lost her. It might be best to treat all your birds, it wont hurt them. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom