Sick chick

dfrusht

Chirping
May 26, 2021
North Carolina
20210722_073143.jpg

My chicks have been out in the coop for 2 weeks and this one doesn't seem to be doing well. She just stands there fluffed up and doesn't want to eat or drink. She had some goopy poo on her butt that I cleaned up. They eat medicated chick crumble. I gave her a few drops of nutridrench. What else can I do?

View attachment 2769433

My chicks have been out in the coop for 2 weeks and this one doesn't seem to be doing well. She just stands there fluffed up and doesn't want to eat or drink. She had some goopy poo on her butt that I cleaned up. They eat medicated chick crumble. I gave her a few drops of nutridrench. What else can I do?
Have you seen any bloody poops? Coccidiosis is my thought.

Have you seen any bloody poops? Coccidiosis is my thought.
Maybe? Not sure, but I did put some Corid water out for them after posting this and syringed some into her since she's not showing signs of wanting to eat or drink. She's looking like she will die in the nexr hour though...

View attachment 2769433

Maybe? Not sure, but I did put some Corid water out for them after posting this and syringed some into her since she's not showing signs of wanting to eat or drink. She's looking like she will die in the nexr hour though...
I'm sorry to hear she died.

I would continue with the Corid for the remaining chicks.
Dose for Liquid Corid is 2 tsp per gallon of water or Powdered Corid is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Don't add any electrolytes/vitamins to the water during the treatment period.

If you notice any other chicks fluffing up, acting lethargic, syringe the mixed water into them and keep them hydrated.

It's best to make your Corid water fresh daily, change out the water stations a few times a day if possible and keep them clean.

Back
Top Bottom