Sick Chick?

I would use some apple cider vineager in their water
2 tsp per gallon
it will help the digestion of the feed

Is the feed fairly new in the bag?
meaning does it have a off snell to it when you stick your nose down over the feed sack?

The feed stores this time of yr get rid of the old feed they kept or didn't sell last fall

I believe the chicks need Vit E and B complex
do this by adding 1 Vit E 1000 mg unit
cut capsule at end and put in probiotic wet feed
now take 1/2 vit B complex tablet and crush it in tablsp and add to the probiotic wet mash
do this for two times this week and twice next week
and then once a week till you see some improvement in the chicks

I would make a
probiotic wet mash for them

1 qt of dry crumbles
2 qts of milk
either fresh, sour ( made by adding 2 tbsp of ACV to gallon of milk) or buttermilk
1/8 cup of yoguart non flavored kind
mix good and feed chicks all this 2 tsp per chick
any not used put in frig

and feed next day this also
after they eat it in 20-30 minutes clean feeder out and restock dry crumbles

Thanks to all for your suggestions today. She is sleeping right now, and while her breathing still is abnormal, she looks comfortable. I will try giving them some vinegar in their water and adding vitamins in the probiotic mash tomorrow. I hope to see her tomorrow morning!

Good news!! She is still with us this morning, and she seems to be recovered. Here is what I am guessing what must have happened. It has been very hot here, in the 90's. The three other chicks did not present any of her symptoms, they were happy fluffy chicks. Could she be extra sensitive to the heat? I turned the brooder lamp off in the evening because the thermostat in the house said 90. The four chicks all settled down and slept in the dark. I checked on them 3 or 4 times during the night and each time I did, they were still sleeping. This morining she is back to her old 12 day old self. Luckily, it is supposed to cool off a bit today, but I will be watching her carefully. Anyone have any experience with heat sensitive birds? Thank you for all your help!!

I haven't any experience with heat sensitive birds per se, other than 20 years+ in Texas, but I am soooo glad it's working out for you!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom