Sick Chicken - lingering on.......

cbdiann

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 30, 2013
Where to start? Buff Orp 2 yrs old.....hasn't laid in about 3 weeks.....approx. 3 weeks ago she began just standing still....feathers puffed out but eating and drinking ok. Over the next week standing more, eating less but still drinking. Checked for mites or lice - see no signs. Poop began getting watery and loose - no worms in sight - thought it might be lack of eating. Began treating with Corrid in water - treated my other two chickens as well. Isolated her for 5 days. No change. Hardly eating at all if at all - but drinking. Treated separate dose of tetracycline in water. Face/eyes are lucid and perky. Put her back in coop, but she got picked on probably for being weak so separated her again after I saw they were picking on her. She's in the run in a separate part away from others physically. Weaker this morning - wouldn't stand up. Put more corrid in water. Dumbfounded! Am not able to do a vet visit. Am trying my best to treat her and keep her comfy. I did do warm bath last week but never felt like an egg or bad smell or anything. Any clue????

anyone??? Please help.....I just went out to check on her and she was just sitting with her head down. When I talked to her she looked up and her eyes still are clear and she's not closing them, but I picked her up and then put her back down and she pushed her legs out weird. I don't think she can stand or walk. Is she dying? I'm so upset...I have to pick up my son soon and I don't know what to do.

I've felt her body and it feels fine, but I haven't checked internally.....just don't know if I can bring myself to do that. I don't feel anything hard though.

For every time you post something, it increases your count. If you go to your profile, you will see a count. You have 10 posts now, I think that's the amount you need to post a picture. Not too sure.

Could she have bad frostbite? My pullet was mopey and puffed when she had frostbite.

Back
Top Bottom