SICK CHICKEN NEEDS HELP ASAP

Ms_Chook

Hatching
Jun 20, 2019
hep my chicken is unhappy wont eat unless out of my hand and is very miserable. it is winter here she is not moulting and has runny poo pls respond and help me ASAP i dont want to let her go.

I'm a dunce to, but I'll try to help others figure it out by narrowing it down. Can you please post a picture of your chicken, and of the poo? Now for the questions: 1) How old is she? 2) Is she laying; if so when did she last lay? 3) Any other symptoms besides diarrhea? 4) Will she drink good? 5) How does her crop feel? 6) When you look her over, do you notice or feel any bumps or anything else put of the ordinary?

Welcome to BYC. How old is she and does she lay eggs? Can you check her crop to feel if it has any food in it, and again in the morning to let us know if it is empty, full, hard or soft and puffy? Can you give her some electrolyte water, and offer some chopped cooked egg and a little wet chicken feed made into a mash? Yogurt (a teaspoonful) can be added. Look her over for any evidence of lice or mites, pick her up and feel for any weight loss, and look at her lower belly for any fullness or tightness.

I'm a dunce to, but I'll try to help others figure it out by narrowing it down. Can you please post a picture of your chicken, and of the poo? Now for the questions: 1) How old is she? 2) Is she laying; if so when did she last lay? 3) Any other symptoms besides diarrhea? 4) Will she drink good? 5) How does her crop feel? 6) When you look her over, do you notice or feel any bumps or anything else put of the ordinary?
she is not even a yr old yet she has not started laying and she is very thirsty her crop is small and grey purplish nothing out of the ordinary and no lice

Welcome to BYC. How old is she and does she lay eggs? Can you check her crop to feel if it has any food in it, and again in the morning to let us know if it is empty, full, hard or soft and puffy? Can you give her some electrolyte water, and offer some chopped cooked egg and a little wet chicken feed made into a mash? Yogurt (a teaspoonful) can be added. Look her over for any evidence of lice or mites, pick her up and feel for any weight loss, and look at her lower belly for any fullness or tightness.
thank you so much for this advice i will to it tomorrow as i only read this tonight thanks also no food in her crop will keep checking though and she has not started laying eggs yet

How old is she exactly? Coccidiosis can sometimes be a problem in younger birds. That can be treated by getting some amprollium to put in her water for 5-7 days. Most chickens will eat the chicken feed made wet with water,mcooked egg, tuna, or liver. Vitamins may also help appetite.

Vitamins would be a good thing to try. Also see if she'll eat a nutrient rich treat of no-salt added scrambled or boiled egg. If you're able to get some Corid as soon as possible, start administering that, but not with the vitamins.
IMG_20190613_174008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom