Sick chicken pictures what does she have?

Eden83_haaretz

Songster
Jan 5, 2021
Mexico, Puebla
Hi everyone I needed to consult, thought my chicken had canker, we removed the yellow masses about a week ago and gave her metronidazole (5 days), but they've come back they now look more grey. Don't think she has fowl pox... she doesn't have lesions anywhere, eats fine, hasn't lost weight, she's young and should have started laying eggs, but hasn't. It's been about a month and a half and we took her with a "vet" but he didn't know what it was and just removed them about a month and a half ago.

So any thoughts? The pic is the best I could get sorry I know you can't see much. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20230314_083529616_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230314_083529616_HDR.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 23
Did the yellow lesions in the beak smell rotten? Canker smells pretty bad. I noticed you had posted about a rooster in November who had dry fowl pox. The wet form of fowl pox can cause yellow plaques inside the beak and throat, and look similar to canker. There is no treatment for wet fowl pox, on time and supportive treatment. It does not smell bad. If the yellow in the beak smells bad, I would try giving more canker treatment, such as using acidified copper sulfate in the water 1/4 ml per gallon of water for 3 days. Disinfect all waterers and feeders with 10% bleach water, and keep pigeons and wild birds from using them.

Did the yellow lesions in the beak smell rotten? Canker smells pretty bad. I noticed you had posted about a rooster in November who had dry fowl pox. The wet form of fowl pox can cause yellow plaques inside the beak and throat, and look similar to canker. There is no treatment for wet fowl pox, on time and supportive treatment. It does not smell bad. If the yellow in the beak smells bad, I would try giving more canker treatment, such as using acidified copper sulfate in the water 1/4 ml per gallon of water for 3 days. Disinfect all waterers and feeders with 10% bleach water, and keep pigeons and wild birds from using them.
Thank you so much for answering, yes it does smell foul. Ok so with the Cooper sulfate should it clear up by itself or should I try removing what is left?

Back
Top Bottom