Sick chicken. Please help! What should I do?

ultralitemin

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 30, 2012
About 3 days ago I noticed one of my buff hens was having difficulty walking. I also noticed her comb and waddle is very shrunk. They are red in color though. Shes still eating and drinking (drinking quite a bit at times). Brought her inside so she will be warmer. Is there any home remedies I could try to get her better? Its dead of winter here so I don't know if pests are just as bad but I looked and didn't notice any.

It could be any number of things. Keeping her inside is good. Also, give protein like mashed hard boiled eggs or mealworms. Probiotic or vitamin additives for the water are helpful. Check for respiratory issues. Feel her all over to look for abnormalities. If you don't have a good chicken vet, sometimes just being inside and the extra nutrition will help. Please keep us informed on her progress.

She is still eating but not walking. We had one chicken die from mareks and symptoms were similar. But she can still barely wobble. She keeps her legs apart. Is there anything I can do if its mareks? Or any suggestions in case its not. Shes eating good and scrambled eggs 3 times a day but skinny.

Back
Top Bottom