Sick Chicken- Please help!

It depends a lot on your set up. If you have a fixed run that they live in all the time, then yes I'd recommend worming everyone at least once a year. If they rotate to a clean run regularly then maybe not as your environment would kill worm eggs fairly quickly during that chicken-free time.
I live temperate with fairly high rainfall and humidity and I worm 2-3 times per year usually spring and autumn, with the extra dose as needed based on symptoms.
We live in 0% humidity with almost no rainfall but they do live in same run all the time, ground is covered in snow for several months, not sure if the cold would kill the worms!

We live in 0% humidity with almost no rainfall but they do live in same run all the time, ground is covered in snow for several months, not sure if the cold would kill the worms!
It's likely that you won't have much of a worm issue most of the year then. You can always take some poop to the vet and get them to do a fecal egg count for your own peace of mind. When kept in the same run there is always a chance the hens can consume parasite eggs before the eggs have died.

Back
Top Bottom