Sick chicken please help

Countrylife19

Chirping
Jul 5, 2021
I have a sick isa brown she was really sluggish we brought her inside she was thirsty she drank inside for a week was better i started transitioning her back into coop she got worse very tired again issues with her balance she is very floppy will not eat or drink very sleepy i took her with me in my car to work bc im.so worried but i don't know what to do. I do not have a good feeling. I'm worried she's dying

I don't know if it's the same for chickens, but this sounds like what happened to my duck. He kinda looked lost and tired and then next day he was limp amd couldn't walk. I gave him electrolytes and. Vitamins. He'd perk up and then he'd be down again. I tried Corid incase of parasite, it didn't help. If you can get to a vet or get an antibiotic it may make a difference. Like I said though, I don't know if it's the same, so please don't run with it. Buy I would call a vet. They may be able to help over the phone too.

Hi! I would get calcium citrate into her and offer sweetened water to drink to boost her appetite, then give her raw yolk, meat or anything else she likes. Once you know she's eating well reintroduce her to the flock.

Last edited:
Need more information, and pictures are often helpful. How old is she? Do you know when she last laid? How long have you had her? What do droppings look like? How does her crop feel, empty, full, hard, soft and squishy, etc? How long has she been sick? Feel her abdomen for any bloat, either very firm or water balloon like. Compare with others if you aren't sure. Feel her keel bone, is it very pronounced and bony or is it well muscled?
How is she housed, how many other birds, what do you feed including treats? Have you checked her over for lice/mites?

I have a sick isa brown she was really sluggish we brought her inside she was thirsty she drank inside for a week was better i started transitioning her back into coop she got worse very tired again issues with her balance she is very floppy will not eat or drink very sleepy i took her with me in my car to work bc im.so worried but i don't know what to do. I do not have a good feeling. I'm worried she's dying
You might try this.

Back
Top Bottom