sick chicken recomedation

Hey everyone Jimmy is a little better he want to say hello , Got home he was inside of the coop by self dont know why and the girls was outside playing

Hey everyone Jimmy is a little better he want to say hello , Got home he was inside of the coop by self dont know why and the girls was outside playing

He's so beautiful!

I am assuming he is the only rooster you have(?) if so, keep an eye on him. A rooster is usually not isolated from the flock unless he is not feeling well. He should be with the ladies.

Thanks so much, yes my frist and only Rooster

This is why I asked. He should be with the girls then, so he's still not feeling too well.

Mine keeps up with the ladies, the only time I see him slightly away from the flock is when he is "patrolling" or watching over the girls when they take a dust bath.

Hello everyone I have good and bad news the chicken shes fine she already escaped from the location that i put her shes is fully energetic one thing is shes loosing all her feather I think is not normal mounding, my wife just called me and send me a picture of jimmy :( I think hes gone
hit.gif
I will post a picture of him on Saturday and one today that she just send to me im at work cant do anything, she said he opened his eye 1/2 way and a little his beak and than closed his eye , she removed him from the coop and put him at the garage :( dont know what to do

what you guys think ?

sorry about that my friends is telling me I'm crazy is only a rooster but he was a special rooster for me my first rooster my wife is crying a lot I'm extremely deeply sad about jimmy i did what I could to help my buddy

this is the chicken that escaped shes all wet from the rain

Last edited:
I also want to know what breed is jimmy I am going to post a picture of him when he was fine

Thanks so much, My wife is devastated about Jimmy i went to Craigslist and found one just like Jimmy I send a text I am waiting for response, I want to surprise my wife when I get home hopefully they still have the rooster for sale and I will able to get it today, I need to separed him from the hens for a week ? since hes new to the flock and Jimmy just died I think would be better wait one week am I right ? thanks

Thanks so much, My wife is devastated about Jimmy i went to Craigslist and found one just like Jimmy I send a text I am waiting for response, I want to surprise my wife when I get home hopefully they still have the rooster for sale and I will able to get it today, I need to separed him from the hens for a week ? since hes new to the flock and Jimmy just died I think would be better wait one week am I right ? thanks

I'm glad you may be able to find a replacement. What a nice surprise for your wife.

Generally when you bring a new bird to add to your flock, you should keep them separated (quarantined) for at least 2 weeks. 30 days is really recommended.

Since your new hen(s) seemed to bring an illness with them, even when you add your new rooster to the flock after your quarantine period, keep watch on him. He may develop signs of illness because I suspect your hens are carriers of the illness.

I wish you the best and if you do get a new fella, please post some photos, I would love to see him.

Back
Top Bottom