Sick chicken with creamy yellow poop with a orange looking thing in the center

Lil Brown Nugget

Chirping
May 12, 2023
I have a chicken that I noticed yesterday acting sick. I brought her in to separate from other chickens. She ate a little yougart last night nothing today. She will take water from a dropper. Yesterday she pooped several times clear,white, with green it was watery. Today she pooped once creamy yellowish with a thick orangish color thing. She stands in one place with feathers ruffled. She seems to be breathing fine. What could be wrong with my hen? Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1028.jpeg
    IMG_1028.jpeg
    792.1 KB · Views: 59
When I cleaned it up it’s almost like a raw egg. Could she be egg bound? Or is it pus?
IMG_1032.jpeg
thought I would add that she has never had a problem laying eggs. I did give her some calcium. The yellow is NOT like yolk it’s more creamy. Tonight it has bubbles or a foam in it.

I have a chicken that I noticed yesterday acting sick. I brought her in to separate from other chickens. She ate a little yougart last night nothing today. She will take water from a dropper. Yesterday she pooped several times clear,white, with green it was watery. Today she pooped once creamy yellowish with a thick orangish color thing. She stands in one place with feathers ruffled. She seems to be breathing fine. What could be wrong with my hen? Thank you
I wish I had an answer for you! Not sure what to think. Anyone?

I wish I had an answer for you! Not sure what to think. Anyone?
Thank you for the reply. Still separated from flock and she’s eating some on her own. I think it’s vent gleet. So cleaning her bottom, giving apple cider vinegar in water. We’ll see. Thanks again

Thank you for the reply. Still separated from flock and she’s eating some on her own. I think it’s vent gleet. So cleaning her bottom, giving apple cider vinegar in water. We’ll see. Thanks again
You're doing great so far. Keep it up!
What breed is she? Age? When did she last lay an egg? Does she smell bad at all?
Her clear, white, green watery droppings the other day showed she wasn't eating enough. So make sure she keeps eating. Some scrambled eggs, meat, fish, or wet feed are good things to try.

You're doing great so far. Keep it up!
What breed is she? Age? When did she last lay an egg? Does she smell bad at all?
Her clear, white, green watery droppings the other day showed she wasn't eating enough. So make sure she keeps eating. Some scrambled eggs, meat, fish, or wet feed are good things to try.
She is a Compine I think is what I found. I purchased her at tractor supply as a Silver Lace but she is not a Silver. She’s smaller, and lays white eggs. Good layer though. Her appetite has improved tremendously. Tonight I put her back out in the coop. I’ll keep an eye on her. Thank you

I would be concerned about a reproductive infection with the pale yellow poop. The orange may be bloody mucus or intestinal from oviduct or the bowel. Can you try and get another picture or two of a typical poop? Are the normally white urates ever yellow or white? Does she lay eggs every day or every other, and has that changed lately? I doubt that she has vent gleet, but can you get a picture of her vent? Vent gleet causes horrible smelling poops, constant running of urates, and feather loss and irritation around the vent. A picture of her from the side can help us with her breed. I had 2 golden compiles, and there are silver ones.

I would be concerned about a reproductive infection with the pale yellow poop. The orange may be bloody mucus or intestinal from oviduct or the bowel. Can you try and get another picture or two of a typical poop? Are the normally white urates ever yellow or white? Does she lay eggs every day or every other, and has that changed lately? I doubt that she has vent gleet, but can you get a picture of her vent? Vent gleet causes horrible smelling poops, constant running of urates, and feather loss and irritation around the vent. A picture of her from the side can help us with her breed. I had 2 golden compiles, and there are silver ones.
Ok I don’t think it’s vent gleet either. Today I found this in her pen it looked soft and fluffy but it’s kinda hard and sticky. I poked a stick in it and clear pink liquid came out. She is eating and drinking. She has not been laying since she’s been sick.

Attachments

• IMG_1083.jpeg
    IMG_1083.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1084.jpeg
    IMG_1084.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 73423562200__03E1626C-F05B-4E65-B3E8-8150A89B3EF3.jpeg
    73423562200__03E1626C-F05B-4E65-B3E8-8150A89B3EF3.jpeg
    426.2 KB · Views: 6
Ok I don’t think it’s vent gleet either. Today I found this in her pen it looked soft and fluffy but it’s kinda hard and sticky. I poked a stick in it and clear pink liquid came out. She is eating and drinking. She has not been laying since she’s been sick.
Oh her poop has been more on the normal looking side but I don’t believe she has been pooping as much as she should be. She does still have a mess on her bottom end.

Unfortunately that looks like a lash egg, and that means she has salpingitis, which is inflammation of the oviduct. Sadly it can't really be treated, and all you can do is offer supportive care measures.
Her not laying and having a messy bottom is another sign that she has salpingitis.

Back
Top Bottom